Thursday, August 22, 2013

Needle and ThREAD / First Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real!

Two linkups I've had my eye on for a while now and I'm joining in...


needle and thREAD


round button chicken
{pretty} 



Aren't these flowers lovely? Jen got them for me as a homecoming present! It was a lovely way to come back after over two weeks of being gone. 

{happy}

If I had one, I would put a picture of me reading this book in my husband's childhood bedroom, which is how I spent a good bit of Zuzu's naptime over vacation. But instead this lovely cover of it will have to do. I read it and wept and loved it - I still feel parts of it beating in my heart. Understand, koritsimou?

{funny} 

As I'm getting more into my creative side, I realized my mother thoughtfully gave me a great deal of her quilting stash for reasons unknown (it's not as if she's stopped being wonderfully creative!). I decided to tear through it and see what it contained. Well...now it's contents are all over my living room, but I'm really feeling the creative juices flowing! 
{real} 
I wanted to put this under happy, even though it isn't. I've been working on a blanket for a friend: 

It's just a small baby blanket - sorry I'm not the best at taking pictures! Just about 45 x 60, basically a big pillow case with some batting in there too. 


Rose fabric for a sweet baby named Rose, then the other side is a brown Fall type pattern, since her spring and summer season has already ended and she has gone home to Christ. It's happy to be able to make something for a mother missing a baby, happy to be able to do something with my hands for someone else. But it's so real - so many lovely babies coming into the word, and others only being held by Mary and not their earthly mothers. 
O Mary, Mother of God, pray for us! 

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are lovely and entertaining! How wonderful to have inherited your mother's stash. If she;s anything like my grandma, that maybe represents a tenth of her stash...she probably doesn;t even miss it!

    Suscipio4women
    3-2-1 Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt! I just love the fabric, it looks just my style. I would love to inherit a stash like that. That's great you are putting it to good use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many good things about that book, I'll have to put it on my list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel like I'm not just talking to myself or the government (because I know the government secretly reads my blog). Help me feel less crazy - comment away!