Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Essential Catholic Library

Last year, I resolved to start an excellent Catholic library, not only for my own edification, but for that of my future children. I want to be able to say, "ah yes, Chesterton talked about that! It's over here, on the second shelf..." So I started a list of all the books I want in my Catholic library. Then, I came across this thread on CAF. It's as if the devil on my shoulder is saying, here spend a billion dollars you don't have. I mean really! My essential Catholic library already exists - it's located within the walls of the Vatican, along with all the essential art works my home should own (kidding). 

Anyway, if you were looking for any great books to read for the new year, or have any other suggestions for great books to be read (Catholic or not), let me know. I might as well have a complete list, even if I never actually own it in its entirety. 

1 comment:

  1. This is just what comes to mind, I don't know what your area of interest is. Michael O'Brian novels, Flannery O'Connor for fiction. Leisure the Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper, Women and Choice, anything by Conrad Baars and Anna Terruwe. Once my husband goes to TAC, I'm sure my list will expand :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel like I'm not just talking to myself or the government (because I know the government secretly reads my blog). Help me feel less crazy - comment away!